Albion Marine Solutions Ltd. offers end-to-end solutions for ballast water management, by handling all aspects of the project from selection and procurement of a suitable system to detailed engineering design, the completion of modifications, installation, training and support in service.
Our team of professionals dedicated to your vessels consists of operational experts, design engineers and specialists in ballast water treatment systems (BWTS), system deployment and piping, as well as engineering work and installation.
We arrange and oversee a wide range of independent services in the field of ballast water management: project management, engineering, consultancy, fabrication, installation, and site supervision. Our expert portfolio combines operational experience, technical expertise, and regulatory knowledge. Our clients are ship owners, ship operators, governments, independent organizations, post state control inspectors, as well as BWTS vendors.
Albion Marine Solutions Ltd. maintains an extensive technical and commercial database of BWTS currently available on the market and collaborates on the behalf of clients with a number of BWTS suppliers. Our personnel are trained by equipment manufacturers and have a marine background with hands-on experience in the project management of fleet upgrade programs. We provide repair and troubleshooting services for many ship owners.
Ship owners and BWTS manufacturers benefit from our unique turnkey BWTS retrofit package which in its entirety includes the following but can be customized to integrate only the required elements of:
· Project planning
· BWTS selection
· Optimized shipboard surveys and 3D scans
· Basic engineering
· Detailed engineering
· Logistic and procurement support
· Installation, completion and commissioning
· Crew training
· Operational support
· Ballast water sampling services
We support our ship owner clients by participating in technical and commercial negotiations with equipment suppliers, in attending Factory Acceptance Tests and Commissioning, and by assisting with BWTS performance claims.
Albion Marine Solutions Ltd. carries out feasibility studies and works with BWTS designers to marinize equipment and make it suitable for specific type of vessels.
Biological testing by sampling at a ballast water treatment system’s commissioning is done to confirm that the BWTS installed on a ship meets the IMO’s proposed D-2 discharge standard. The D-2 discharge standard is required by Singapore’s administration and already recommended by the Bahamas and Panama’s administrations prior to the entry into force of the amended Regulation E-1 of the IMO’s BWM Convention (3 October 2021).
Albion Marine Solutions offers ballast water sampling as part of BWTS maintenance checks.
Indicative & Detailed Sample Testing
• Mandatory as of October 2021 as per IMO guidelines & US VGP EPA 800-B-14-001
• Indicative in-situ sampling for the ship owner to be assured of the results
• Involves having samples collected, stored, and sent to USCG and Class approved laboratories
• Concluded with results and a report within 24 hours, if required
Ballast Water Management plans (BWMP) involve:
• Changes to the existing BWMP, including valve sequences and operational flowcharts
• Class approval management
Operational Support Services includes:
• A BWTS planned maintenance program
• OPEX budget projections
• Comprehensive retrofit documentation packages
After sales support involves:
Annual BWTS maintenance checks done within a normal port stay (24 hours over 2 days)
Minimal crew assistance/involvement
The annual BWTS maintenance check includes:
• Filter operation, verification and inspection
• UVR, EC unit inspection
• CIP checks (in the case of a UV system)
• Valve and cable checks
• Instrument calibration as per calibration schedule
• Hands-on crew training (including any required updates in system use/maintenance)
• Overall inspection, including basic structural elements as well as any issues noted by the vessel crew, alarm logs, and/or other instrumentation
Albion Marine’s deckhouse solution for ballast water treatment system (BWTS) plug and play arrangement is suitable for different makes of BWTS, electro -chlorination and UV technologies. It comes with all the necessary equipment for pre-assembled piping and electrical layout inside the deckhouse. If necessary, for tanker vessels, the equipment and electrical fittings can be made ex-rated as per IEC standard for hazardous area classification.
• Pre-assembled ballast system in standardized deckhouse designed to comply with rules, regulations and requirements of the OEM.
• Integrated solutions reviewed by classifications societies.
• Durable construction with materials according to class requirements.
• Designed to withstand operating temperatures and ensured climate regulation through integrated heating and ventilation.
• Bulkheads and ceilings can be fitted with insulation and linings to operate at low temperature environment.
• Full backing from OEM’s global service organization.
Scope of Supply:
• BWTS – Client preferred system
• Deckhouse heating & ventilation with power backups.
• Complete interior design with insulation, lining, ceiling, lighting, ex-proof fittings, WT doors.
• Fire and smoke detection system
• Optimization as per OEM and client requirements
• Design can be modified as per client and vessel requirements.
Proudly affiliated with: