Albion Marine Solutions provides project management, engineering, consultancy, and conversion services to maritime and offshore industries worldwide. Companies delivers a substantial number of the new build and conversion design projects. The Senior Naval Architect will help to plan and execute the projects in accordance with the criteria by which project success is measured.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and review of project designs and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements.
- He/she must be familiar with all aspects of the vessel design portfolio including hull, structural, piping, and mechanical.
- The position will require some travel within Canada, the USA, Asia, and Europe.
- Degree in Naval Architecture
- PENG accreditation
- 5+ years of design for new construction and/or conversions
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enterprise-level computer platform experience, including MS Office and MS Project
- Familiar with piping standards, design, and conversions
- Familiar with structural standards, design, and conversions
- Familiar with electrical and automation standards, design and conversions
- Familiar with governing standards and Class Rules
- Technical specification writing skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and lead a large team
- Proficient in design software.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overall responsibilities for design work on new build and conversion projects
- Prepare the Survey and Inspection Reports in accordance with applicable requirements
- Review vessel's drawings and machinery specification on a subject of legislation compliance
- Lead team of designers on the conversion and retrofit designs and prepare plans and drawings
- Prepare project plans and work specification for each individual vessel
- Prepare a submission to Class for approval of vessels' specific modifications
- Write dry docking and conversion specifications
- Formulate project parameters, including design elements and implementation procedures
- Attend and execute project management, engineering, consultancy, and supervision duties
- Monitor work in progress and prepare a weekly report of the status of each assignment
- Ensure all procedures and calculations are submitted to the client for review and approval
- Promptly report to the Management any irregularities or concerns which may impact the project execution or compromise compliance with Company Standards and Policies.